- 1 /ˈmiːljəː/; compare: milieux1.
- 2 /mɪˈljəː/; compare: milieux2.
a person’s social setting or environment
- German: Milieu
- Spanish: entorno
Nounmilieu (plural: milieus)
Milieu is the French word for environment.
Milieu may refer to:
- Social environment
- Milieu (chemistry), in chemistry and biology the surplus or shortage of electrons in a solution, for example, base or acid
- Milieu Therapy, a form of psychiatric therapy for children.
- The Sentient Milieu, a cooperative group of species from the Star Control fictional universe.
- The Galactic Milieu Series, a science fiction series by Julian May.
- Milieu (Musician), the electronic musician
agora, air, airspace, alentours, ambiance, ambience, ambient, ambit, amphitheater, area, arena, athletic field, atmosphere, auditorium, aura, background, bear garden, belt, borderlands, bowl, boxing ring, bull ring, campus, canvas, circle, circuit, circumambiencies, circumjacencies, circumstances, circus, climate, cockpit, coliseum, colosseum, compass, confines, context, continental shelf, corridor, country, course, department, district, division, element, entourage, environing circumstances, environment, environs, feel, feeling, field, floor, forum, gestalt, ground, gym, gymnasium, habitat, hall, heartland, hinterland, hippodrome, land, lists, locale, marketplace, mat, medium, mise-en-scene, neighborhood, note, offshore rights, open forum, outposts, outskirts, overtone, palaestra, parade ground, part, parts, perimeter, periphery, pit, place, platform, precinct, precincts, premises, prize ring, public square, purlieu, purlieus, quality, quarter, range, region, ring, salient, scene, scene of action, scenery, section, sense, setting, site, situation, soil, space, sphere, spirit, squared circle, stadium, stage, stage set, stage setting, suburbs, surroundings, terrain, territory, theater, three-mile limit, tilting ground, tiltyard, tone, total environment, twelve-mile limit, undertone, vicinage, vicinity, walk, wrestling ring, zone